Knowledgeable in the most advanced medical techniques and treatments for veterinary oncology, Veterinary Cancer Group provides cutting-edge care using the most technologically advanced equipment including Ultrasound, CT Scan with Lap Laser, Linear Accelerator with Electron Capabilities, and 3D Computerized Radiation Therapy Planning.
Leading-Edge Technology That Saves Lives
With access to the latest technologies and tools, we have the ability to quickly identify and treat a wider range of cancers for a wider range of patients. Veterinary Cancer Group regularly utilizes:
- Linear Accelerator with Electron Capabilities. A machine that creates high-energy radiation to treat cancer. It uses electricity to form a stream of fast-moving subatomic particles.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery. A non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment tumors, which delivers beams of high dose radiation with extreme accuracy.
- CT scan. A specialized form of X-ray examination in which the X-ray source and detector rotate around the object. The information obtained can be used to produce cross-sectional images. This test is especially useful on the head, chest and abdomen.
- Digital X-ray. A state-of-the-art image of a body part that, with the aid of a computer, can be manipulated to appreciate finer image details than standard radiographs.
- Ultrasound. The use of sound waves to produce images of structures in the body.
- Nuclear Medicine. Refers to imaging techniques that use radioactive substances to detect and treat diseases such as I-131 treatment for hyperthyroid cats.
- Chemotherapy Protocols. "Recipes" for treatment with drugs.
- Comprehensive Laboratory. A facility that has the capability to perform a complete analysis of fluid, tissue, and cellular samples through the means of cytological and/or histological evaluation.
- 3D Computerized Radiation Therapy Planning. Software used to create a simulated radiation therapy plan that aids in maximizing radiation delivered to tumors and minimizes radiation delivered to normal tissue.
- Cloud-Based Patient Software. A computer program allowing staff doctors to access computer files and the Veterinary Cancer Group medical database remotely.
In addition to our cutting-edge technology, Veterinary Cancer Group offers a full range of services to provide the most comprehensive care possible for our patients, including:
- Grief Counseling. A relatively short-term, theory-based process of helping people resolve situational issues.
- Immunotherapy. Treatment to stimulate or restore the ability of the immune system to fight cancer, infection or other diseases.
- Holistic Treatment Options. Options such as acupuncture and nutritional supplements, that integrate conventional and complementary therapies to promote optional health and to prevent and treat disease.
Equipment Spotlight: 6-20 MeV Linear Accelerator.
Featuring Southern California's first 6-20 MeV Linear Accelerators - the first treatment of its kind designed for animals - Veterinary Cancer Group offers patients advanced electron radiation therapy. Both our Orange County and Los Angeles offices provide this state-of-the-art treatment onsite, maximizing the comfort of our patients.